Uganda Internet Services and Cafes in Kampala, Jinja, Entebbe, Gulu and Mbarara
How do Internet Cafes Operate in Uganda?
The internet is fast becoming a commodity in the real world and if one needs to be kept updated on the latest happenings even in real time, all one needs to do is just search over the net and the information they are searching can be found right there and then with just a simple click of the button. And because of this ease of access, it is really easy to see the wealth of information that can be found over the world wide web which is just astounding and spectacular of how such volume of information can be found and shared in the internet and that all one really needs is a computer and a steady internet connection to access them. But what if one is always on the go and then is always in constant need to connect to the net to check on e-mails and other stuff online? This is where internet shops and cafe’s come into play. And with a lot of internet shops sprouting around these days especially in the metropolis, it is hard to tell which ones are giving the usual user the decent kind of service he or she needs. As for me who’ve been a constant customer of these shops in days passed, came up with my own set of criteria to help internet users like me who would like to get the most of their internet usage in their internet cafe of choice.
Selecting the best Internet Cafe to Use
The list goes as follows:
1. Decent or High Speed Internet Access (High Download and Upload Speeds) – An internet shop or cafe with a high or decent internet connection is A-1 in my list and would definitely pay to use the computer in a shop with the highest download and upload speeds. This is because in the fast paced world of the computer super highway, people require a steady, stable and quick way to exchange information without interruption and a faster connection answers this.
2. Not too crowded and have just the right number of PC’s or Personal Computers – Let us remember that the more crowded a shop is, the more noise it will cause that will reassuringly disturb the customers and drive them off.
3. Accessibility to Places Usually Visited By The Internet Cafe Users Themselves – Let’s face it, people who generally use the internet are people on the go who need to connect to the net so it is always helpful that an internet cafe is situated near the place a customer needs to go before or after his/her time is up.
4. Complete Line of Services Suited to Cater for all the Needs of the Customers – Services of a shop should be complete so that the customers don’t have to go from one shop to one other shops to the next to look for services not present on one but then are present on the others. Services such as burning, printing, scanning and downloading are these such services.
5. Complete Line of Equipments to Address the Needs of the Clients – A Complete line of services to meet the needs of the client need to be complemented with a complete set of equipments. So number 4 and 5 go hand in hand.
6. Friendly and Approachable Staff – A staff who is always ready to assist the customer in times of his needs is always a welcome delight for one to maximize his stay on the shop.
7. A Pleasant Aura and Feel of the Internet Shop – A pleasant aura and feel of the environment sets the tone for an internet user upon entering the shop.
Now there it is my criteria for choosing an Internet Cafe to enter and access the internet when I am travelling or in the go. I hope this is helpful to some and is not only geared to help internet users but budding businesses in the internet cafe sector as well in that it goes into the mindset of customers which can then be used to prepare a budget to meet the needs of the clients before hand and can really help in the decision of putting more or less capital.
A Directory to Internet Cafes In Uganda
Posta Uganda Internet Cafe
35 Kampala Road General Post Office Building 7106,Kampala Kampala
Cardinal Nsubuga Leadership Training Centre (CANLET) – Nsambya1539 Along Old Ggaba Road Next to American Embassy 11855,Kampala Kampala
Webcity Cafe5 Kimathi Avenue Kampala Kampala
Lakana Internet Cafe &Computer TrainingKiswa Road Bugolobi Stage Kampala Kampala
Intercel Technologies34 Kevin Road Nsambya 8706,Kampala Kampala
Computer Frontiers International(CFI)6B Windsor Loop Kitante – Kololo 12510,Kampala Kampala
The Source of Life Resource Cafe / Craft Shop20 Main Street 243,Jinja Jinja
AlfanetKampala Road Opp. Agip House 1st Floor Rainbow Arc Kampala Kampala
INFOCOM (Let’s talk Internet)26 Wampewo Avenue Bakwanye House 8373,Kampala Kampala
Transnet (U) Ltd.Jinja Road Social Security House, Mezzanine Floor Kampala Kampala
041-4231435, 031-2265871, 077-4246449
KayeNet internet cafesKampala Kampala
Tel: (+256) 414530037
Internet Cafes in Uganda