Free Wifi in Kampala, Uganda
These days you will discover that the majority of western-style hotels, cafes plus restaurants within Kampala offer wifi, some for a small charge and the majority normally for free as long as you order something. Actually this is great news for all Twitter passionate people; freelancers as well as backpackers since it means you will hardly ever be offline. A word of advice – Because of Kampala or Uganda’s fairly discontinuous and unreliable power supply it is a great idea to carry a surge protector with you in case you plan to power your laptop off the mains since when the power is out generators are turned on and this could may be even permanently damage your laptop or computer!
Hot Spots in Kampala;Wifi,Stay online in Kampala
Here are some places found near central Kampala which generally provide great wifi speed in addition to a wonderful spot to pass some time.
(found at different locations all over Kampala such as Namirembe, Oasis shopping mall as well as Bombo road) Half an hour free (however with unrestricted codes, so fundamentally
) offered at the Namirembe – Old Kampala branch. I have always enjoyed great connection plus a fairly fast internet at the Java’s plus with a reliable powerful A/C (sometimes excessive such that you are recommended to carry a jumper with you just in case) it is a great place to have work done away from the heat. At the Namirembe branch they will even offer you a surge protector in the event that you have forgotten yours. There is a reasonable number of available wall sockets – i.e. usually 2 to each booth however booths may fill up very quickly near peak times therefore ensure that you get there earlier in case you need to charge your laptop.
– This contemporary trendy coffee shop found on Yusuf Lule road likewise provides free Wifi for clients and is not often very busy throughout the day, apart from the couple of business-types having extremely important meetings over a cappucino and a muffin. You will find a couple of wall sockets scattered around on the inside and (I’m supposing due to its location within a high-rise workplace having people who actually need access to the internet) it has great reliable and comparatively fast Internet connection.
– offers Free wifi, simply request for the code that is changed each day. I’ve had instances here where they have never got round to avail me the code or it has not actually worked however if it is working its among the stronger and faster internet speed around. The Power sockets are minimal and not at all times the most ideally placed so once again I recommend that you get there earlier to ensure that you get a nice table. In general among the best places to surf; simply don’t be among those who spends their entire Friday evenings here Facebooking – there is a little difference between ‘virtual’ life and actually ‘having a life’.
y – Most widely known as the notorious and instead sleazy, yet oddly an appealing late night place for
Muzungus all over Kampala
. (A friend described this place as ‘reeking of arrogance’) On a more infamous note, Bubbles as well provides free wifi throughout the day, and (you will be pleased to know) a rather less wild crowd. Visit in the daytime and you will find it really deserted and not a terrible place to begin some serious surfing.
– An additional venue having free wifi in case you order there. The lawns is mainly a
therefore I am uncertain how enthusiastic they are on you visiting the place every single day, however saying that, additionally, it means you can enjoy some very delicious (an perhaps the least expensive) meals as you work. In addition on the positive side the lawns offers one of the best restaurant – bar settings in Kampala with a couple of wonderful big sofas within their garden. This means that getting power sockets is challenging however, in case your laptop battery is charged then you can enjoy the amazing views.
– Among the latest inclusions in the Kampala coffee arena; Prunes is situated on Wampewo Avenue and provides
. It also has a tiny and tranquil back room ideal for meeting or even working along with the coffee here which is some of the finest in the whole of Kampala! As with most of the wifi cafes there are not numerous plug sockets therefore ensure your battery is properly charged and be cautioned that it can become really busy at lunchtime (however time will tell if this is so simply because of its newbie status or if they can keep up their popularity).
Oasis Shopping Mall
– Free Wifi in Mokka Terrace is protected by a code that is provided in case expenditure is more than 5,000 UGX. I bought a Cappucino for 7,000 UGX and received 1hr 40 minutes internet access. I made use of the internet from 3.30PM and it was very slow. Actually There were more than twelve other users.
– Located within the
, they advertise their totally free wifi that I think, consequently, makes it reputable to spend the entire day there utilizing it! Immediately opposite Aristoc bookshop’s entrance, they have some very comfortable couches because its hidden out the way additionally makes it a wonderful place to do some work peacefully. The internet connection here, on the other hand, is agonizingly slow and also the power plugs are minimal.
There are a number of restaurants within this area and offer wifi that is free while others with codes
– offers Free of charge wifi plus good coffee, it is additionally a great place to browse information online for a couple of hours. Once again Wifi bandwidth plus speed is quite low therefore no downloading any heavy content or movies here. You will find a few sockets outside (however be mindful of the nightfall mosquitoes in case you plan to have some more time outside) or else the interior is very small with limited access to the power sockets. On a positive note several other bars at Kisementi complex (such as Just kicking) also provide free wifi therefore you can at all times navigate around if required.
– offers free wifi and it is more popular as a sports bar and gets very crammed for big football matches therefore in case you are going here for the internet it’s important to keeping this in mind and even check sports line-up for the day! Since it is a sports bar it’s as well not the best relaxing or attractive place to go surfing the internet, however it is much less crowded throughout the day and in case you are someone with a brief attention span, the multiple TV screens might provide a pleasant distraction!
– Situated off Old Kira road markets itself as a high quality creative as well as collaborative workspace. The audience and design of this place wouldn’t be unnatural in East London and it certainly attracts an
that could be great for motivating creativity! Additionally, it offers an appropriate workspace (even though it cafe is small yet very nice when you get peckish). For just US $15 you receive a internet worth the entire day in their lounge work area or for US $150 you receive access for Twelve days in a month and it additionally offers you storage space plus access of their meeting-rooms.
(previously Katch the Sun) – Situated on Bandali rise off spring road is a place that offers shisha pipes, food plus drink, as well as massages plus facials in addition to free Wifi access. Regardless of whether a consequence of this unique kindness, or more probably – since their service provider is not great, the internet connection here is very slow – so be cautioned. You will find several indoor tables plus a number of power sockets or the wonderful outdoor couches in case you are ready to work-off your laptop battery.